Frequently asked questions:

  • ​​​​​​​​​How do I get a copy of my tax return?
    If you filed your tax return with MWM Tax , you can get a copy of your tax  return from our office or by calling the IRS at  1-800-829-1040. You can request a copy or a transcript from the IRS. A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. You can request a FREE transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 and following the prompts, online at the Website. Click Order a Transcript under the online services option, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). The IRS does not charge a fee for transcripts. You should allow two weeks for delivery. If you need an exact copy of your original return with all attachments including your W-2, complete IRS Form 4506T  and mail it to the IRS along with a Fee for each year requested. Allow 60 days to receive your copies.

  • How do I get a copy of my W-2?
    All employers are required to mail your W-2 by January 31. We may be able to download your W-2 before you receive them in the mail. If you don't receive your W-2 by that date, you should contact your employer to find out when the form was mailed and verify the mailing address.
  • What is the Earned Income Credit and do I qualify?
    The Earned Income Credit (EIC) is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. When the EIC exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who claim and qualify for the credit. To qualify, taxpayers must meet certain requirements and file a tax return, even if they did not earn enough money to be obligated to file a tax return. To find out if you are eligible for the EIC, click here to access the IRS's EIC Assistant.
  • How can I check the status of my refund?
    Receiving   one of our refund options, you can check the status of your refund by calling Republic Bank or . If you electronically filed your return, and did not choose one of our bank products, you can check your refund status on the IRS Website.
  • How do I cash a refund check I received from MWM Tax
    You filed your taxes and received one of our refund checks, either a refund anticipation loan check or an electronic refund check. Now you want to cash your check instead of depositing it to your bank account. To do this, there are a few things you'll need to be aware off:  
         1. MWM Tax has an agreement with Wells Fargo Bank to cash checks issued by us.
         2. Walmart will cash checks that are less than 8,000. Also, Direct to Cash 7.00 Free at Walmart
         3. MWM Tax will provide a check cashing identification sheet to take with you to all of these locations.
    ​     4. You will need to have valid photo identification when you cash your check. If the check is issued in two names (for example, you and your spouse), BOTH of            you must be there to cash the check. BOTH of you will need to have valid (non-expired) photo identification (usually a driver's license or state ID card).
         ​5. In Office Pre-paid Card
Income Tax Preparation Tax professionals, Lancaster, SC